Monday, September 19, 2011

Time of my life!

As I follow this series at church called "Time of your life" I realize I only have one chance to get it right. Despite the mistakes and regrets it is sure an awesome feeling knowing that that the lord is speaking to my heart in such a neat way right now.

That gentle whisper that I hear is that like an adoption "being Chosen" God pursues me each and every day. It is my choice to Obey, follow or ignore. I think so few people truly know what their purpose is in life and I feel honored to know without a doubt that mine is to be a mother to orphans. Something so Godly and beautiful happened to me during my times of trouble and sorrow. I know that because I followed with my heart to adopt the first time he blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.

With that he makes everything beautiful in it's time. Just check it all out in the book of Ecclesiastes!

Anyways some of you may ask... Another adoption? and the answer is yes! Yet again if it were my choice it would happen in fast forward and I'd be packing for China right now. Instead I patiently wait for a few small things that are completely out of my control to take place. Please keep John and I lifted in prayer as we prepare to make some really big decisions to bring another child home.

And of course I will keep you posted!I stole this from a friend's blog but if your reading this ask yourself... Got Love? Adopt. what are you waiting for? if it's not your calling to care for the fatherless then who is that you know? What will your legacy be? years, decades after you pass on, what story will you leave behind?

1 comment:

SarahEasley said...

Loving your blog! Sorry it took me so long to discover it. It is so encouraging to see your hear for adoption--i agree that is addictive...and possibly hereditary as I'm 95% sure my parents passed the "adoption gene" onto me and my siblings :)