Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Minnesota friends:)

Three and a half years ago Brad, Michelle and their son Jackson Wiger from Minnesota boarded a plane for China to adopt their son Joshua. We met them in Beijing with several other families. Instantly we connected with these complete strangers. Funny how a little word called adoption brings a common bond that no one can explain.

The trip was a success and we said our goodbyes. All 7-8 families departed Hong Kong back to america with their children. It has been so fun following FB and blogs seeing what progress a little love can do in the life of an orphan. And deep down I am sure all families want to  have a reunion one day.

A few weeks ago Michelle contacted me stating their family was relocating to North Carolina and that they were passing thru our part of Ohio. Instantly I got excited to see them again and an invite was extended.

What is kind of special that I never got to share with Brad or Michelle until now is that from the moment I met Joshua I instantly was drawn to him. Something back then spoke to my heart about wanting a son. Who knew this bucket head would be a result of that


This Saturday night they arrived at our house. My kids along with her two boys ran thru our yard roasting marshmallows, playing football, fishing and blowing bubbles like they have known each other forever!
We can't wait to see them on our way to Florida. My kids already miss them!
I loved every minute of my time catching up. So so fun. Here are a few photos of the visit!

No comments: