Saturday, January 18, 2014

Winter blues!

In late fall when we received our first snow storm it was really exciting and fun to see the fresh fluffiness of winter roll in. Kids and I got excited, ran outside to catch some in our mouths and make snow angels.

As the holidays past we received a whammy of a storm. After three days of being in the house together quality time became a bit crazy. I noticed the lack of vitamin D has gotten my energy level at an all time low. I truly miss being outside walking and biking our country block. Zero degree weather isn't enjoyable in fact our county is on a shortage of propane and residents are encouraged to reserve usage. Scary! During the storm I prayed frequently that our power wouldn't go out. 
As our weeks are numbered in north west Ohio and we prepare to move to south Florida I am doing my best to stay positive about the situation. Volunteering to make meals for shut ins, having lunch with friends, running the kids to swim lessons and gymnastics. I know there might be a day when I desire to see snow again, so as I sit and watch another storm roll in and the 2-4 inches of expected snow falls. I am digging deep to appreciate our last days of winter. I chose to work out daily, eat healthy and thank The Lord for our family being healthy and happy. We may be confined to our home but silliness and plenty of laughter are present. 

No comments: