Saturday, October 4, 2014

Physical therapy

I preach that I won't ever live a life of regrets. we all look back on something and think... I shoulda, woulda coulda!!

For me it is the regret that I didn't finish college. You see, I went to community college and took out loans and then 2 years into it I quit because I had no idea what I was going for. 

Fast forward. married, adopted my two beautiful children and dabbled in a couple of jobs/careers that I truly hated.
In the meantime I have always had a front row seat in helping my husband when it was time for a surgery/injury. With a total of about 30 of them in 17 years, I feel I've gotten pretty good at the process.

Next We adopted our kids. When we brought home Wyatt in February 2013 we faced some physical delays. Mostly muscle failure, poor coordination and lack of strength. thankfully with physical therapy and the opportunity to quit my job I was able to focus on catching him up. 

This past year our family made the choice to relocate to South Florida. Mainly for health reasons but in getting here I finally decided it was time. I inquired about utilizing johns GI bill and visited a local college. In registering for class, I came home feeling like a kid again. 

Tonight as my son rode his bike up a small hill...

It hit me. All Along The Lord had been preparing me for this! I received such great joy seeing this kid achieve milestones. Climbing stairs, stop tripping over things, running,climbing and now making up this hill.

In the pit of my stomach my heart is shining knowing that with my new adventure in school and becoming a physical therapist is my calling. Who can regret waiting until almost 40 to know this for certain!!