Monday, November 1, 2010

A small blessing during a hard day!

Today was a hard day. I woke up with sinus issues a mack daddy head ache and lots of drainage. I would have paid to take the day off and be able to sleep in. Lucy had school so I decided to just suck it up and go.

Meanwhile, I have been having frequent flat tires. The mechanic said that my tire isn’t keeping the seal because of the Chrome or something and it is common in Chrysler's. So I borrowed an old Cadillac from a friend until I figure out what to do.

Well today of all days, I left the lights on and the battery went dead. I called Jb to jump it and then headed to pick Lucy up from school. I then headed to Rural King to buy septic tank stuff, air filters and iron out (lovely house manager job that I have) and came out to the car being dead again. My patients were slim to none by this point.

I asked two people parked next to me if they had jumper cables and was disappointed when I couldn’t find anyone. While in the store I got Lucy a bag of popcorn, so while I waited she just munched away. After almost an hour of waiting to get a hold of Jb again I kept asking more people to help. Then I hear Lucy say…”mommy car no work’n?” I replied “no baby” she then said “I sorry, it’s ok” and kept munching away.

I began to cry because it was then that I realized that life is precious. I took a big deep breath and thought well while I wait I can just enjoy this quiet moment with my daughter.
She was completely happy and here I was a total disaster. We sang the wheels on the bus, did the itsy bitsy spider, counted and just chatted away.

Then from out of nowhere was (an angel) a lady walked past the car and smiled and said are you ok? She just so happened to have cables and offered to give me a jump!(I am loving the friendly helpful soles of the mid-west)

Off we went!

1 comment:

THE JOURNEY TO HANNAH said...

What a wonderful lesson you learned. Now, if the rest of us could learn that, life would be much better.