Wednesday, September 11, 2013

You found me "home"

Last fall my idea of knitting items to sell came out of somewhat a desperation to raise money for our trip to get Wyatt.

I had a friend at work Elyse who asked me to make her a couple of gifts, then within a few days of that another friend gave me a box of cloths that her son grew out of. (marie Bond) one of the tags on the shirt read "you found me"!

Right there in what would soon to be my sons bedroom closet I broke down and cried. As adoptive moms would know the emotional ups and down of the process take the best of you.

As the idea of knitting gifts for donations came into play I raised a total of $3,700.
thank you to all the friends, family and random strangers who supported my mission. In addition to a couple of friends who helped me knit.

February our mission was accomplished and with only Gods hand in it Wyatt was found and brought home to our forever family. As the last 6 months played out I have truthfully become a little sad that our family is complete. The adoption road has a closed sign :(

So if you know me this is not how it should end!

I began knitting and for a new purpose. To pay it forward! I have decided to donate 50 + headbands to each family that I know in the paper process who could use the financial support. If they sell all 50 that would bring in a little over $500 each. A little help can go a long way! Maybe pay for a passport, visa or part of a plane ticket home:)

Today I delivered a starting package to my first family! My heart is full.

If you get a change to "like" my face book page You Found Me and share I really appreciate it.

Also keep me in mind if you can knit and want to help, want me to send you a box to sell or want to donate yarn. I'll look forward to hearing from you:)

No comments: