Monday, January 7, 2013

Baoji city

As we patiently (lol) wait for our departure date I thought to share a few things about our son Chen Huanqing soon to be Wyatt Brown.

In late summer John and I turned down a couple of little boys due to their special needs being more than we felt we could handle.

Then on August 22 we received word about Huanqing a 3 year old boy (DOB 4/1/09) with a minor hernia that was already repaired.

We instantly knew he was a perfect match for our family!




When I saw this photo, I actually thought to myself that he looks like Lucy's brother and they belong together! He is currently located in an orphanage in Baoji city, in the Shaanxi Provence in China.





On October 7th I began You found me home, a face book page to help pay for trip. On this page I posted homemade gifts that I knitted in hopes of making a couple hundred dollars. Never in my wildest dream would I have expected what would happen...

Special order after special order started poring in, a friend started knitting to help me make items and I started putting baskets together with items such as these neck wraps


And headbands!


In 3 months a total of $2,700 came in to help with various fees which we applied to our visas, and other travel fees! Praise the lord that he allowed me to use my talent for his work!

In December Lifehouse church completed the "Be Rich" series that was the the most humbling gift towards our adoption. Over the series guests and members of life house gave $10,000 to help bring Wyatt home. John and I both are blown away by this. We are grateful, excited and encouraged that when you follow the lords plan for your life he opens doors and opportunities like no other!

Www.lifehousepeople.com

Last week We received word that our final travel plans will be ready any time now. We are ready!



5 comments:

Lori Garofalo said...

A truly wonderful story! We will pass it along to others in the family. We shall hope to see you all soon!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story! A precious gift from God that truly blesses everyone involved. I can't wait to hear your stories and see pictures!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful story! A precious gift from God that truly blesses everyone involved. I can't wait to hear your stories and see pictures!!

Fannie said...

Just found your blog. That is absolutely amazing!! I love the heart that God's people have. It really is amazing. I'm adding you to my page so I can follow along! We are just now working on dossier documents, so we've got a long road to go!

The Rickard's said...

Georgene, as I am reading this I have tears streaming down my face. Our God is so Good and His Mercies are never ending! We hope to meet Wyatt this summer when we are home!