Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mission accomplished!




I took this photo as we departed Hong Kong, my thoughts are that he doesn't realize this aircraft in front of him will be bringing him home to his forever family! I wonder if he will morn the only life he knows will be gone forever.

Our trip home was beyond long! 8 of our first flights 15 hours we had no lights in the cabin of our aircraft. The turbulence was horrific, causing my sweet ladybug to barf all over herself, our seats and her American girl doll. The best part was cleaning it up with the very few wet wipes I managed to still have on me. The joys of traveling with two little ones.

With no sleep and nearly 30 hours of travel we made it to the USA :)


Where Wyatt became an American as our plane landed:) we celebrated big. Just thinking of the freedom of our brave troops and founding fathers provide in this great country for us to have the privilege and opportunity to adopt! Very special.



Home sweet Home:) nothing beats walking into your house after 14 days of travel. This photo melts my heart, that he found comfort in his bed the first night in his room!

This morning after two days of rest we celebrated again with our. Church family at Lifehouse! It was very emotional for me to get on stage in front of hundreds of people who not only financially but emotionally supported our mission to get Wyatt! We are so thankful to each and everyone, including Matt and Tina Braun for the support. We even received these two blankets


From a few sweet ladies with the prayer Shawl ministry! The card that came with it stated "Jesus loves the little children" which reminds me of a Army chaplain on our first trip to china who preached To us a few minutes before getting Lucy about that exact phrase. So neat!

We are so blessed to have been chosen for this special journey!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God is sooo good! I'm so sorry about your terrible flight home -- arrgh, but so, so, so glad you are home-a family. I love you guys, I do, I miss you and have been crying so many happy tears for each of you. Thanks for taking the time to write these posts, I never realized how much they mean to the people back home, reading them until now.

May God continue to bless you guys

Michelle Wiger

Jenny V. said...

Home sweet home... thanks for sharing your story. Your mission may be accomplished, but the story is just beginning. What great opportunities you will be able to offer these children. I admire both you and John for doing what you've done.